Sunday 10 June 2007

Twilight

A Sunday without taking a picture, spent with you and with my friends. A lot to see and talk about. A packed afternoon around the Garden of the World.

One word stood out of today's score: twilight.

Also my favorite time of day (night?), there are many lyrics, images, stories about or around it. Science tell us that twilight on Mars is longer than twilight on Earth, lasting for up to two hours before sunrise or after sunset. There is even a formulae to calculate twilight duration.

Anyway, there will allays be something magical about it. Nostalgic or energic. A moment calling for a change that has not really happened. Yet...



This photo? A twilight twist. The big element that dominates the image: detailed in contour yet too dark to show its texture. Our eyes match this form with that of a rock. Is it? My mind takes me somewhere else. Otherwise, it would be just a deceitful rock.

Today's score: a lot of Perry Blake's songs, from "Perry Blake" to "Canyon Songs".

Twilight was to my life
What the daylight was to yours
And in hindsight it was twilight
That took you from me


Perry Blake, "Native New-Yorker"

No comments: